APS : Tuesday, 02 January 2018
ALGIERS- Algeria’s experience in the treatment of the migration issue was broached during the International Conference of African NGOs, members of the United Nations Economic and Social Council, organized in Conakry
(Guinea) by the African Parliament of Civil Society from 27 to 29 December 2017, said Tuesday a statement from the National Association of Youth Exchange (ANEJ).
Algeria was represented in this meeting about the migration crisis that affects the world and Africa in particular, by the ANEJ which President Ali Sahel chaired a workshop on “the migration policy.”
Recalling that Algeria “witnesses big flows of migration from African countries,” the President of ANEJ outlined the measures taken for better care for the migrants at humanitarian, health, security and economic levels.
The National Association of Youth Exchange (ANEJ) has been designated a member of the executive secretariat of the event’s organizing body.
It will also take part in the Committee’s 2018 regular session on NGOs and the 56th Committee on Social Development of ECOSOC which will held from January 29 to 7 February 2018 in New York.
- (English) Algeria, Mauritania reaffirm determination to strengthen bilateral cooperation
- (English) UN: Algeria calls for promotion of peace, stability worldwide
- (English) Lamamra received by Mauritanian President
- (English) Lamamra received by Niger’s Prime Minister Mahamadou Ouhoumoudou in Niamey
- (English) Lamamra received in Niamey by President Mohamed Bazoum