APS : Thursday, 26 July 2018
ALGIERS- Algeria on Thursday has strongly condemned terrorist attacks which targeted the province of Sweida and its outskirts in southern Syria on Wednesday, leaving dozens of civilians dead or injured.
“We strongly condemn the bloody and barbaric attacks perpetrated by Daesh terrorist group in villages of Sweida City, in the south of Syria, leaving dozens of civilians dead or injured,” said the spokesperson for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Abdelaziz Benali Cherif.
“The barbarity of these terrorist attacks shows the failure of the bloody schemes of this terrorist group and its obscurantist ideology,” he added.
“We hail Syria’s resistance to terrorism, a scourge which has been threatening the security and stability of the sister country for many years. We extend our sincere condolences to the families of the victims and we wish speedy recovery to the injured,” said Benali Cherif.
“We also express our solidarity to Syria, the cradle of human civilizations. Its people have given throughout history, a clear example of peaceful coexistence and living-together in peace,” he added.
“We reiterate our rejection and condemnation of terrorism in all its forms,” said the Foreign Ministry’s spokesperson, urging “international stakeholders to step up their efforts to combat this dangerous scourge, which continues to represent a real threat to peace and security around the world.”
- (English) Algeria, Mauritania reaffirm determination to strengthen bilateral cooperation
- (English) UN: Algeria calls for promotion of peace, stability worldwide
- (English) Lamamra received by Mauritanian President
- (English) Lamamra received by Niger’s Prime Minister Mahamadou Ouhoumoudou in Niamey
- (English) Lamamra received in Niamey by President Mohamed Bazoum