APS : SUNDAY 06 JUNE 2021
ALGIERS- Algeria on Sunday strongly condemned the terrorist attack killing 160 people in Burkina Faso, expressing solidarity with the brother country’s government and people,
the ministry of Foreign Affairs said in a statement.
“Algeria strongly condemns the terrorist attack perpetrated against the residents of the village of Solhan, in the north of the Republic of Burkina Faso, killing more than a hundred people among civilians, including women and children,” the statement said.
“Algeria expresses its full solidarity with the government and the people of Burkina Faso, reiterating its unwavering commitment to support international and regional efforts to eliminate the scourge of terrorism, whose spread within the Sahel region seriously threatens the stability, security and development of the region’s countries,” the ministry of Foreign Affair’s said.
According to local sources, the number of the victims of attacks carried out by armed men in the village of Solhan, in northeastern Burkina Faso, rose to 160 on Sunday.
The attacks were carried out in the so-called “three-border” area, connecting Burkina Faso, Mali and Niger, regularly targeted by murderous attacks by terrorists linked to al-Qaeda and the self-proclaimed terrorist organization “ISIS” (ISIL/Daesh).
- (Français) Décès de Abdallah Lahbib Bilal: Tebboune présente ses condoléances à son homologue sahraoui
- (English) President Tebboune, Kais Saied hold phone talks
- (English) Ramatane Lamamra received by Egypt’s President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi
- (Français) Les perspectives de renforcer les relations algéro-égyptiennes évoquées
- (English) Lamamra arrives in Cairo as special envoy of President Tebboune