APS : Saturday, 11 March 2017
ALGIERS-Algeria, represented by the Minister of Religious Affairs Mohamed Aissa, partakes in the 27th Conference of the High Council for Islamic Affairs, which will begin Saturday in Egypt, announced the Ministry in a communiqué.
Aissa has been invited to this two-day meeting by Egyptian Minister of Endowments Mohamed Mokhtar Djoumaa, stated the source.
Aissa’s participation in the Conference entitled “The role of leaders and decision-makers in fostering the culture of peace and counterterrorism” is part of “presenting Algeria’s pioneer experience in deradicalization, rejection of extremist religious speech and the propagation of moderate Islam,” said the source.
- (English) President de la République holds talks in New York with his Turkish counterpart
- (English) President Tebboune calls for new world order ensuring equality, cooperation among nations
- (English) President of the Republic highlights Algeria’s achievements
- (English) Non-permanent membership in Security Council: President Tebboune emphasizes Algeria’s awareness of responsibility incumbent upon it
- (English) President de la République holds talks in New York with his Iranian counterpart