APS : Sunday, 01 April 2018
ALGIERS- Romania’s Foreign Minister Teodor Melescanu said Saturday that Algeria is one of Romania’s most important markets, expressing the wish to give a fresh impetus to bilateral cooperation.
“Algeria is a very important country for Romani and is among its major markets,” Melescanu told reporters upon its arrival in Houari Boumediene airport of Algiers, as part of a two-day official visit.
The Romanian official said his country wants to deepen relations between the two countries.
“I attach much importance to the visit as we have a strong will to give a new impetus to bilateral relations. We can do many things together.”
Melescanu said he also came to Algeria to discuss, with his Algerian counterpart Abdelkader Messahel, ways and methods to boost Algeria’s interests within the European Union ahead of EU Council’s chairmanship by Romania next year.
Melescanu started Saturday afternoon a two-day official visit to Algeria, at the invitation of Foreign Minister Abdelkader Messahel.
- (English) Lamamra received by Tunisian President, Kais Saied
- (English) Chairman of Libya’s Presidential Council on official visit to Algeria Wednesday
- (English) Hood: Algeria-US views on Libya crisis resolution convergent
- (English) Biden administration seeks to cooperate with Algeria “on common goals,” says Hood
- (English) President Tebboune receives phone call from Tunisian counterpart