APS : Tuesday, 26 June 2018
ALGIERS- The new secretary general of the Union for the Mediterranean (UfM), Nacer Kamel, said Monday that Algeria is a linchpin with a “pioneering role” in the Euro-Mediterranean region,
which can contributes in completing projects in this space.
“Algeria is a pivotal country that is able to contribute to completing any project in the Euro-Mediterranean space,” the secretary general of the UfM told reporters following an audience granted to him by Foreign Minister Abdelkader Messahel, adding that “the UfM or any other cooperation project in the Mediterranean cannot be successful without the involvement of Algeria.”
Kamel stressed the leading position of Algeria in the Mediterranean, considering its key role.
“It is not possible to speak of the Union for the Mediterranean without Algeria.”
Any discussions about the Euro-Mediterranean space in the UfM should include the “friendly” relationship of partnership between the North and the South, a partnership that should take into account the “interests of both sides.”
The new secretary general of the UfM thanked Algeria for its support to his candidacy, expressing determination to involve Algeria in all Euro-Mediterranean projects.
- (English) Croatia’s FM hails Algeria’s peacemaking efforts in region
- (English) President Tebboune receives Croatian Foreign Minister
- (English) Croatian FM dubs Algeria as key partner, commends its role in region’s stability
- (English) Benabderrahmane received by Tunisian president
- (English) President Tebboune receives president of State of Palestine