APS : Sunday, 13 December 2015
ALGIERS- The Ad-hoc committee for putting Afripol on operation has recommended, Sunday, in Algiers, a “gradual” approach in the implementation of this mechanism, starting through the establishment of its essential features, allowing it to launch, in order to ultimately succeed, in the concretization of its final chart.
Through the architectural project of AFRIPOL, the members of the committee ensured that it is provided with means and resources to accomplish its missions and activities in terms of harmonization of police approaches, the strengthening of police cooperation, the development of training capacities, exchange of expertise and experience and the popularization of good practices.
Presenting the architectural project of AFRIPOL, General Major Abdelghani Hamel, co-president of the Ad-hoc committee explained that the AFRIPOL organization revolves around a triple dimension.
It is firstly a decisional dimension, represented by directors and general inspectors, acting in regular consultations with the Specialized Technical Committee on Defence, Safety and Security of the African Union.
The other dimension, which is executive, is represented by sub-regions of African police cooperation and the African Union Commission’s Department for Peace and Security, operating as part of a fixed term mandate.
The third dimension is operational, through a permanent entity represented by a secretariat of the African organization for police cooperation.
- (English) Algeria “strongly” condemns terrorist attack in Burkina Faso
- (English) Algeria steps up fight against illegal fishing, says FAO
- (English) President Tebboune receives Head of Libyan Government of National Unity
- (English) Libya’s al-Mangouche welcomes Algeria’s “unrelenting efforts” to protecting Libya’s sovereignty
- (English) Algeria stands in “full” solidarity with Libyan people, asserts Boukadoum