APS : Monday, 16 October 2017
ALGIERS-Speaker of the Council of the National (Upper House) Abdelkader Bensalah on Thursday held talks with the president of the National Assembly of Quebec (Canada),
on the sidelines of the 137th assembly of the Inter-parliamentary Union (IPU) held in Saint-Petersburg (Russia), said the Council in a communiqué.
Algeria’s ambassador to Moscow Ismail Alloua and members of the Algerian parliamentary delegation attend the meeting.
Both sides discussed “bilateral relations and the means to revive them after a period of stagnation.”
They also focused on “relations between MPs of both countries, the role of parliamentary diplomacy in the promotion of bilateral relations and the settlement of international crisis, as well as the coordination of efforts to address global challenges.”
A parliamentary delegation composed of MPs representing both Houses takes part in the 137th assembly of the IPU. Today’s meeting focuses on “the promotion of cultural pluralism and peace through interreligious and interethnic dialogue.”
- Minister Attaf receives ANC Secretary General
- Denial by the general directorate of Communication, Information and Documentation-Mali
- Minister Attaf receives President of AfCHPR
- Holding of the 1st session of Algerian-Azerbaijani political consultations
- Minister ATTAF receives the Special Representative of the Secretary-General and Head of the United Nations Mission in Libya