APS : Monday, 16 October 2017
ALGIERS-Speaker of the Council of the National (Upper House) Abdelkader Bensalah on Thursday held talks with the president of the National Assembly of Quebec (Canada),
on the sidelines of the 137th assembly of the Inter-parliamentary Union (IPU) held in Saint-Petersburg (Russia), said the Council in a communiqué.
Algeria’s ambassador to Moscow Ismail Alloua and members of the Algerian parliamentary delegation attend the meeting.
Both sides discussed “bilateral relations and the means to revive them after a period of stagnation.”
They also focused on “relations between MPs of both countries, the role of parliamentary diplomacy in the promotion of bilateral relations and the settlement of international crisis, as well as the coordination of efforts to address global challenges.”
A parliamentary delegation composed of MPs representing both Houses takes part in the 137th assembly of the IPU. Today’s meeting focuses on “the promotion of cultural pluralism and peace through interreligious and interethnic dialogue.”
- (Français) Forum sur la contribution de la Femme Algérienne dans le développement de l’économie
- Commemorating National Migration Day
- Benabderrahmane receives Saudi Foreign Minister in Belgrade
- Algeria’s tree in Belgrade: Tribute to Algiers’ role in supporting NAM
- Serbian president highlights Algeria’s historical role in NAM’s creation