APS : Thursday, 13 October 2016
ALGIERS- Speaker of the Council of the Nation (Upper House of Parliament) Abdelkader Bensalah on Thursday has held discussions with the chairman of the Czech Senate’s Committee on Foreign Affairs, Defence and Security Frantisek Bublan, said the Upper House in a statement.
Bensalah recalled the “longstanding relations” between the two countries and underlined Algeria’s readiness to work for the “development of cooperation in order to enhance it up to the level reached in 1990s and broaden it to all areas,” added the statement.
“After the eradication of terrorism and the restoration of peace and security under the leadership of President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika, Algeria has focused its efforts on the social and economic development,” said Bensalah.
For his part, Bublan hailed Algeria’s role in the fight against terrorism, and expressed his country’s willingness to draw on the Algerian experience in the field.
He also underlined his country’s readiness to “diversify cooperation with Algeria and broaden it to the fields of culture, sciences and history.”
The visit of the Czech Industry minister to Algeria, scheduled for early 2017, will help boost cooperation and build a win-win partnership, said the Upper House’s statement.
- Minister ATTAF receives the Special Representative of the Secretary-General and Head of the United Nations Mission in Libya
- Mr. Attaf received by President of the Republic of Sierra Leone in Equatorial Guinea
- Minister ATTAF holds talks with his counterpart from the Republic of Equatorial Guinea
- Mr. Attaf receives phone call from Tunisian, and Mauritanian counterparts and meets Libya’s FM in Equatorial Guinea
- Mr Attaf holds talks with his Congolese counterpart in Equatorial Guinea