APS :Friday, 18 May 2018
ALGIERS- Speaker of the Council of the Nation (Upper House of the Parliament) Abdelkader Bensalah has held discussions, Friday in Istanbul, with Palestinian Prime Minister Rami Hamdallah,
on the sidelines of his participation in the extraordinary summit of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC), said the Upper House in a communiqué.
The meeting, attended by Foreign Minister Abdelkader Messahel, was an opportunity to examine the recent developments in the Palestinian cause and the serious escalation and Israeli daily aggressions against innocent Palestinians, said the communiqué.
The two sides also discussed means to protect Palestinian people and allow them to recover their legitimate rights and establish an independent State with Al-Quds as its capital, added the Upper House.
During the meeting, Bensalah reiterated “Algeria’s unwavering position regarding the Palestinian cause, under the leadership of President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika, as well as its full support to the Palestinian people in their struggle to recover their full rights.”
For his part, the Palestinian premier hailed “Algeria’s unconditional support, under the leadership of President Abdelaziz Bouteflika, and its continuous solidarity with the people and the government of Palestine,” concluded the communiqué.
- (Français) Révision Annuelle de la Liste Electorale
- Lamamra received by Tunisian President, as President Tebboune’s special envoy
- AU Extraordinary Summit: Algeria affirms its support for industrialization in Africa
- Benabderrahmane represents President Tebboune in 17th AU Extraordinary Summit on Industrialization
- Algeria vigorously condemns terrorist attack on Chad security forces