APS : Wednesday, 24 February 2016
CAIRO- Speaker of the Council of the Nation (upper house of Parliament) Abdelkader Bensalah held discussions, Wednesday in Cairo, with Libyan Parliament’s Speaker Aguila Saleh Issa.
The two sides examined, during a meeting on the sidelines of the Conference of Arab Parliaments’ Speakers, bilateral relations and the developments of the situation in Libya following the announcement of the formation of a national unity government, in accordance with the political agreement concluded under the aegis of the United Nations.
Upper house speaker reiterated the necessity for the formation of the national unity government, which would constitute “an important step likely to preserve the national unity and strengthen the national reconciliation process in Libya,” he said.
Bensalah underlined that it would also “support the efforts for a comprehensive political settlement in line with the aspirations of the Libyan brotherly people to peace, security and well-being with a view to launching the process for building the state institutions and address the challenges, especially terrorism.”
In this regard, he expressed “Algeria’s full readiness to assist Libyan new authorities to ensure a peaceful and safe transition for the establishment of the rule of law.”
- Minister Attaf receives ANC Secretary General
- Denial by the general directorate of Communication, Information and Documentation-Mali
- Minister Attaf receives President of AfCHPR
- Holding of the 1st session of Algerian-Azerbaijani political consultations
- Minister ATTAF receives the Special Representative of the Secretary-General and Head of the United Nations Mission in Libya