Babaammi to partake in AU Finance ministers meeting Thursday in Addis Ababa
APS : Tuesday, 10 January 2017
ALGIERS-The Finance Minister Hadji Babaammi will partake in the consultative meeting of the Finance ministers of the African Union to take place Thursday in Addis Abeba (Ethiopia), the Finance ministry announced Tuesday in a communiqué.
The meeting will gather the Committee of Ten Finance Ministers (F10), in which Algeria is a member, and the office of the Association of African Central Banks (AACB).
The meeting is part of the implementation of the decision 605 of the Conference of the AU Heads of State and Government, adopted during the summit held in Kigali (Rwanda) on July 2016, relating to the AU’s new financing and budget mechanisms.
The members of this committee “will examine the adoption of operational measures to be taken by the AU member countries to ensure the autonomy of its budget,” said the source.
The ministry recalled that “the AU financing is at the heart of the reform process undertaken by this institution to achieve the goals mentioned in its foundation act.”
“Babaammi’s participation in this meeting reflects Algeria’s resolute commitment to contributing to speeding up Africa’s political and economic integration,” added the source.
- (Français) RAMADAN MUBAREK
- (العربية) الذكرى ال 61 ليوم النصر
- (Français) Les échanges commerciaux entre la Bulgarie et l’Algérie ont augmenté
- (Français) Le Conseil de la nation prend part au Portugal à l’Assemblée parlementaire de l’Union pour la Méditerranée
- Fire at fuel depot in Jakarta: Algeria offers condolences to Republic of Indonesia