APS : Saturday, 03 November 2018
SHARJAH-Governor of Sharjah, Sultan bin Muhammad Al-Qasimi elected Minister of Culture, writer Azzedine Mihoubi “Cultural Figure of the Year 2018.”
Speaking at the opening ceremony of the 37th Sharjah International Book Fair, which was recently attended by several ministers, writers and publishers, Al-Qasimi said this distinction was “recognition of the key role the Algerian Culture minister has played in promoting culture and creativity.”
“I am fully aware that the Arab cultural scene has more qualified writers that deserve this distinction and I consider myself by no means better. I am very happy to live this moment,” said Mihoubi who warmly thanked the Governor of Sharjah for this distinction on behalf of all Algerian intellectuals.
“This distinction hounours Algerian culture which is flourishing and developing under the leadership of His Excellency the President of the Republic, Abdelaziz Bouteflika, who pays particular attention to culture, intellectuals, artists and talents,” he continued.
This distinction is intended to be “another milestone in the brotherly relations between the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Algeria which reached high levels of cooperation, exchange and partnership.”
Sheikh Sultan Al Qasimi visited the Algerian stand composed of 26 publishing houses.
On the occasion of this cultural event, Mihoubi made a presentation on historical relations between the UAE and Algeria.
- President Tebboune receives Coordinator for Middle East, North Africa at US National Security Council
- (Français) Le président Tebboune reçoit les chefs des délégations au Colloque sur “le droit d’accès” à la “justice constitutionnelle”
- Algeria strongly condemns massacre perpetrated in DR Congo
- (Français) L’Algérie abrite la 9e conférence de haut niveau sur la paix et la sécurité en Afrique
- Algeria-Jordan: Need to expand bilateral cooperation