APS : Wednesday, 18 July 2018
ALGIERS-The Association of National Olympic Committees of Africa (ANOCA) will bestow the Olympic Order of Merit on President of the Republic, Abdelaziz Bouteflika, Secretary General of the association,
Mahmoud Aboukacem announced Monday in Algiers. “
“The ANOCA executive committee met Thursday morning and decided to bestow the Olympic Order of Merit on President Bouteflika,” Aboukacem said on the sidelines of a press conference of the organizing committee of the African Youth Games (AYG 2018) to start Tuesday in Algiers.
The handover ceremony will take place on the sidelines of AYG-2018 opening, scheduled for Wednesday at the 5 July stadium in Algiers.
More than 4,500 people, including 3,300 athletes from 54 countries, will partake in AYG-2018.
- President Tebboune arrives in Ankara
- Assigned by President Tebboune, PM extends condolences to family of late Sheikh Khalifa
- President Tebboune congratulates new UAE president
- (Français) Visite d’Etat du président Tebboune en Turquie: consolider des relations entre les deux pays frères
- Algeria strongly condemns Terrorist attack in Togo