APS : Sunday, 06 February 2022
ALGIERS- The minister of Foreign Affairs and National Community Abroad, Ramtane Lamamra, was received Sunday in Addis Ababa by President Macky Sall of Senegal and chairman of the 35th African Union (AU)
Summit for this year, to whom he handed over a handwritten letter from President of the Republic Abdelmadjid Tebboune, the ministry said in a statement.
Lamamra delivered a handwritten letter to the Senegalese president from President of the Republic Abdelmadjid Tebboune and conveyed to him his warmest congratulations on his AU presidency while reiterating Algeria’s support in the fulfilment of his mission at the service of the continent’s causes and priority issues,” the statement said.
The Senegalese president, for his part, expressed his sincere thanks and deep consideration for the support of his brother President Abdelmadjid Tebboune, expressing his desire to meet him soon and work together with him for the consolidation of bilateral relations and boosting joint efforts for the implementation of the continent’s agenda in terms of peace, security and sustainable development.”
The meeting was an opportunity for the two sides to “examine the latest developments of the security and political situation in Africa.
They stressed the need to boost the leading role of the continental organization in the settlement of African issues, including the crises and conflicts threatening security and stability in Africa,” the statement said.
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune adresse un message écrit à l’Emir de l’Etat du Qatar
- (Français) Algérie-Italie : de nouveaux acquis dans le processus de renforcement des relations stratégiques
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune souligne la convergence des vues entre l’Algérie et l’Italie autour des questions régionales
- (Français) Giorgia Meloni: l’Algérie, partenaire important et fiable de l’Italie
- President Tebboune: Algeria intends to strengthen its strategic partnership with Italy