APS : MONDAY 26 JULY 2021
ALGIERS- African Union (AU) Commissioner for Peace and Security welcomed, during a Steering Committee meeting of the African Police Cooperation Mechanism (AFRIPOL), Algeria’s support to this mechanism to ensure
peace in the continent, said Monday the Directorate General of National Security (DGSN) in a statement.
During the Steering Committee meeting of the African Police Cooperation Mechanism (AFRIPOL), held recently by video conference in preparations for the 4th meeting of the General Assembly of AFRIPOL, and chaired by Director General of National Security, Farid Bencheikh, in his capacity as chairman of the General Assembly, Commissioner for Peace and Security at the AU, Bankole Adeoye, welcomed the role of Algeria and its efforts to strengthen the AFRIPOL to ensure peace in the African continent, “said the source.
For its part, the DGSN “expressed his thanks to the AU Commissioner of Political Affairs, Peace and Security for its continued support to the AFRIPOL in strengthening African police cooperation to the fight all forms of crime, added the directorate.
The meeting was attended by the Directors and Inspectors General of Police on the AFRIPOL, concluded the same source.
- Algeria, Mauritania reaffirm determination to strengthen bilateral cooperation
- UN: Algeria calls for promotion of peace, stability worldwide
- Lamamra received by Mauritanian President
- Lamamra received by Niger’s Prime Minister Mahamadou Ouhoumoudou in Niamey
- Lamamra received in Niamey by President Mohamed Bazoum