APS : Thursday, 07 April 2016
ALGIERS- Algerian swimmers won eight new medals, including three in gold, on Wednesday, the third day of Arab senior (men and women) Championships at the aquatic complex Al Khalifa of Dubai,
United Arab Emirates, the Algerian Swimming Federation said Thursday.
Thursday’s first gold medal was snatched by Rania Nefsi in 400m medley, clocking 4:54.31.
The second was won by Hanah Taleb-Bendiab in 50m breaststroke (32.58), improving Algeria’s record in the specialty, and the third by Majda Chebaraka in 200m freestyle (2:04.38).
The third day’s silver medal went to Anis Baghriche, Ranou Nefsi, Badis Djendouci and Belkhodja Nazim in men’s 4x100m medley relay, and who clocked 3:53.19.
Algerian women also got silver on Thursday through Amel Melih, Hanah Taleb-Bendiab, Samar Khacha and Nesrine Medjahed (4x100m medley relay), clocking 4:22.29.
Swimmer Souad Cherouati won the bronze medal in 400m medley, clocking 5:04.31.
Men’s 4x200m medley also received a bronze medal by ranking third, clocking 7:51.75.
- Belhimer: Algeria attaches particular importance to media role in defense of Arab questions
- (Français) Boukadoum prend part à la réunion consultative des ministres arabes des AE
- (Français) Patrimoine : Toufik Hamoum reconduit à la tête du Conseil consultatif de l’Unesco
- Renewable energy: Algeria has Africa’s third largest installed capacity in 2020
- Setting up by 2035 of strategy to combat desertification