APS : Tuesday, 12 September 2017
CAIRO (Egypt)- Foreign Minister Abdelkader Messahel stressed Tuesday, in Cairo, Algeria’s efforts during its presidency of the 147th session of the Arab League Council of Ministers,
stressing that it focused on giving a fresh impetus to joint Arab action in all fields and responding swiftly, when necessary, to the developments in the region.
Messahel, in an address at the 148th session of the Arab League Council of Ministers, during which he handed over the (rotating) Presidency to his counterpart Mahamoud Ali Yusuf of Djibouti, said, in his capacity as outgoing chairman of the Arab League Council of Ministers, that the session provides a new opportunity to Arab States to “embark on consultations and examine the latest developments in the region.”
During it presidency of the 147th session of the Arab League Council of Ministers, Algeria made efforts to “revive joint Arab action in all areas and respond swiftly, whenever necessary, to face the developments in the Arab region,” the Algerian official said.
It also worked, he added, for “strengthening Arab ranks and promoting Arab solution to the region’s problems, mainly in Libya, Syria and Yemen.”
- Belhimer: Algeria attaches particular importance to media role in defense of Arab questions
- (Français) Boukadoum prend part à la réunion consultative des ministres arabes des AE
- (Français) Patrimoine : Toufik Hamoum reconduit à la tête du Conseil consultatif de l’Unesco
- Renewable energy: Algeria has Africa’s third largest installed capacity in 2020
- Setting up by 2035 of strategy to combat desertification