While on a working visit to El Oued on 30 March 2014, Mr. Mohamed Amine Hadj Saïd, Minister of Tourism and Handicrafts, announced his department’s plans to offer support to investors in order to promote tourism in the Algerian South where tourism development is facing two major constrains: a low level of investment and a deficiency in tourist facilities.
In this context, Minister Hadj Saïd revealed that several agreements have been signed lately between the tourism sector and a number of public and private banking institutions to grant credits to investors in order to boost tourism development in the country’s southern regions.
These agreements will make it possible to support investors in the Algerian South to catch up with the deficiency in investment and tourist amenities.
The Minister noted that in order to provide qualified labor force to support investment in the sector, several training facilities in the field of tourism and hotel business are being set up in different parts of the country, some of which are to be delivered this year.
- Algeria, Mauritania reaffirm determination to strengthen bilateral cooperation
- UN: Algeria calls for promotion of peace, stability worldwide
- Lamamra received by Mauritanian President
- Lamamra received by Niger’s Prime Minister Mahamadou Ouhoumoudou in Niamey
- Lamamra received in Niamey by President Mohamed Bazoum