APS : Friday, 04 January 2019
ALGIERS-The American polyphonic choir “The Morehouse College Glee Club” of the American Music University “Morehouse College” hosted a lyrical show on Thursday evening in Algiers.
Held by the National Higher Institute of Music Mohamed Fawzi (INSM) in partnership with the United States’ embassy in Algiers, the show took plat the Algerian national theatre Mahieddine Bachtarzi before a large audience.
Thirty singers, sometimes accompanied by a pianist, performed the classics of this choir composed of students from the institute built in 1911.
Earlier in the evening, the INSM, represented by its Director Abdelakder Bouazzara and the Georgia’s Morehouse College, represented by Uzee Brown sealed a memorandum of understanding (MoU).
Culture Minister, Azzedine Mihoubi and US ambassador to Algiers, John Desrocher attended the signing ceremony.
The MoU relates to “training exchanges for the benefit of students and trainers, training workshops and a possible Algerian music tour in the US,” said Bouazzara.
- Croatia’s FM hails Algeria’s peacemaking efforts in region
- President Tebboune receives Croatian Foreign Minister
- Croatian FM dubs Algeria as key partner, commends its role in region’s stability
- Benabderrahmane received by Tunisian president
- President Tebboune receives president of State of Palestine