Ali Kafi, Former President of the Higher State Committee, Passed Away

Ali Kafi, former President of the Higher State Committee, passed away at the age of 85 in Geneva, Switzerland, APS reported.
The mortal remains will be exposed in the Palace of People on Wednesday 17 April to allow representatives of institutions and the population to pay tribute to the memory of the deceased,in the Palace of People on Wednesday 17 April  from 9 a.m..
The funeral will take place Wednesday afternoon in the Square of Martyrs at El Alia Cemetery in Algiers.
On this painful circumstances, President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika declared eight day of national mourning starting today.
Ali Kafi : The former colonel from the National Liberation Army in Wilaya II was appointed several times ambassador of Algeria to different capital cities of the world. Between January 11, 1992 and July 2, 1992, he was member of the Higher State Committee before he succeeded to the Committee’s presidency after Mohamed Boudiaf’s death.

Born on October 17, 1928 in M’Souna near El Harrouch (Skikda), Ali Kafi joined the El Kettania Institute in Constantine in 1946. As an activist of the APP, he was the leader of the party’s cell at the institute. Later, in 1950, he joined the Zitouna University in Tunis where he pursued his political activities among the students on account of which he was expelled from Tunisia in 1952.
When he returned to Skikda, he had to serve a six-month imprisonment sentence for nationalist activities, dating back to 1950. After his release, he became a lecturer at the El-Mustakbal free school affiliated with the Movement for the Triumph of Democratic Freedoms in Skikda.
He joined the National Liberation Army at the beginning of 1955. He served under the orders of Zighoud Youcef, Didouche’s successor as chief of Wilaya II and was among the organizers of the offensive on August 20, 1955 in Northern Constantine. Ali Kafi was part of the delegation of the Wilaya II at the Soummam Congress, together with Zighoud, Bentobbal, Benaouda, Mezhoudi, and Hocine Rouibah.
In the Spring of 1956, he became military official of the Wilaya II and then, in April 1956, he was promoted colonel and commander of the Wilaya II.
After the Independence, he was appointed ambassador of Algeria to Beyrouth (1963), Damascus (1966), Tunis (1975), and the Arab League.
In 1990, he became Secretary General of the National Organization of Mudjahidin. In January 1992, he was appointed  member of the Higher State Committee, to become its president after the death of  Mohamed Boudiaf.

Let's talk

If you want to get a free consultation without any obligations, fill in the form below and we'll get in touch with you.