APS : Monday, 11 December 2017
AMMAN (Jordan)- Algerian delegation taking part in a regional workshop on women emphasized Sunday in Amman, Jordan, State’s efforts in women’s political,
social and economic empowerment and their protection against all forms of discrimination and violence.
Algeria has even been a pioneer, at the Arab world level, in women’s political, social and economic empowerment and their protection against all forms of discrimination and violence, a policy mainly shown through women’s larger presence in Algerian elected assemblies,” said Allan Aicha and Mokadem Amel, assistant directors at the ministry of National Solidarity, Family and Women’s Affairs, who attended the workshop.
Respect of international human rights charters, and especially women’s rights, is enshrined in the Constitution which guarantees basic rights, human rights and equality among citizens, Allan said.
Since the implementation of the quota system in terms of women’s representation in elected assemblies, she said, the number of women in the People’s National Assembly (lower house of Parliament) raised from 30 to 146, that is 31.60% of the 462-seat Parliament, making of Algeria Arab leader and the 25th at the international level.
On women’s economic empowerment, Mokadem said Algerian government’s job policy strengthened women’s presence in the world of work.
Organized by the Arab League, in collaboration with UN Women, the regional meeting was meant to back the efforts of international bodies supporting women in the Arab world.
- (Français) RAMADAN MUBAREK
- (Français) Le ministre de l’Intérieur Ivan Demerdjiev a tenu une réunion de travail avec S.E. Mme Baya Bensmail, Ambassadeure d’Algérie en Bulgarie
- (العربية) الذكرى ال 61 ليوم النصر
- (Français) Les échanges commerciaux entre la Bulgarie et l’Algérie ont augmenté
- (Français) Le Conseil de la nation prend part au Portugal à l’Assemblée parlementaire de l’Union pour la Méditerranée