APS : Tuesday, 29 November 2016
ALGIERS- An international colloquium under the theme “Algeria’s contribution to the decolonization of Africa” opened Tuesday, in Algiers, with the participation of national and African distinguished figures, as well as renowned academics.
Minister of State, Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation Ramtane Lamamra and Minister of Mujahedeen (War Veterans) Tayeb Zitouni chaired the opening ceremony , also in the presence of representatives of the diplomatic corps accredited to Algeria.
Organized under the high patronage of President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika, this colloquium will be an opportunity for the participants to “underline the special relation between Algeria and Africa and which draws its essence from the common struggles for the liberation from the colonial yoke and Apartheid regime.”
Several themes are scheduled during this two-day meeting namely “the Algerian Revolution and Africa: Shedding light on history and memory,” “the freedom of peoples, a central value of the relation between Algeria and Africa” and “the Algerian diplomacy from liberation to the implementation of peace and stability values.”
A documentary on the Algerian revolution will be screened in this meeting.
- Minister Attaf receives ANC Secretary General
- Denial by the general directorate of Communication, Information and Documentation-Mali
- Minister Attaf receives President of AfCHPR
- Holding of the 1st session of Algerian-Azerbaijani political consultations
- Minister ATTAF receives the Special Representative of the Secretary-General and Head of the United Nations Mission in Libya