APS : Tuesday, 18 April 2017
ALGIERS- The second session of Algerian-Russian consultation on security and counterterrorism has got underway at the International Centre of Conferences in Algiers on Tuesday.
The session is co-chaired by Minister of Maghreb Affairs, African Union and Arab League Abdelkader Messahel and the representative of Russia’s National Security Council Venediktov Alexander.
The regional and international fight against terrorism as well as the main conflicts and crises in the region, especially the situations in Libya, Mali, Sahel, Syria, and Western Sahara will be examined by the two delegations.
The session will also focus on the fight against cyber-terrorism and cybercrime, as well as the connection between terrorism and transnational organized crime.
The first session of Algerian-Russian consultation took place in Moscow in July 2016.
- UNGA: Process of building new Algeria continues resolutely under leadership of President Tebboune
- (Français) Les efforts de l’Algérie pour régler les crises internationales salués
- Lamamra holds talks with Chinese counterpart
- Lamamra received, in New York, by East Timor’s President
- Algerian diplomacy regains position, says President Tebboune