The Algerian embassy in Sofia has the pleasure to promote the screening of the Algerian movie “Maillot Operation” within the framework of the Middle East & North Africa Festival. The opening of the Algerian night will be held on Thursday 21 January 2016, 19:30 at Cinema house /Dom na Kinoto/, Sofia.
Original title: Operation Maillot
Translation: Bulgarian subtitles
Algeria, 2015, 106’
Director: Okacha Touita
Writers: Okacha Touita, Nadine Char
Cinematographer: Sofiane El Fani
Producer: Yacine Leloui
Cast: Martin Pautard, Menad M’barek, Mathieu Brion, Aimed Benchenni, Miloud Khetib
Algeria, 1956. Soldier Henri Maillot, a member of the Algerian Communist Party (PCA), deserts the French army with a hoard of weapons destined to arm the rebellion.
While the PCA attempts to establish formal contacts with the National Liberation Front (FLN) to unify their struggle, a dozen Communist fighters organize themselves independently and hide out in various houses across Algiers. Hunted down by the French army, the group is finally surrounded. Henry is killed as well as Maurice Laban, veteran of the war in Spain alongside the Republicans.
- Algeria-China: Timetable for implementation of bilateral priority agreements
- Algeria-China: Convergence of views on many international issues
- President Tebboune receives Chinese Foreign Minister
- Lamamra calls for strengthening Algeria’s role to achieve peace
- Lamamra, Jordanian counterpart hold phone conversation on situation in Arab region