APS : Wednesday, 06 February 2019
ALGIERS-An Algerian delegation led by Culture Minister, Azzedine Mihoubi, will partake in the Havana International Book Fair scheduled for 7-17 February, announced the Ministry of Culture in a communiqué.
Representing Algeria, the guest of honour, at this 28th edition, the delegation includes authors. In addition to books, Algeria is present at this literary event with cinema and music works.
Algerian movies subtitled in Spanish will be screened during the event, including Rachid Belhadj’s “Parfum d’Alger” (Parfum of Algiers) and “Jusqu’à la fin des temps” (Until The End of Times) directed by Yasmine Chouikh, Said Ould Khelifa’s “Zabana” and “Yemma” (My Mother) directed by Djamila Sahraoui.
A photo exhibition on cultural heritage and a music concert by the Cuban Symphony Orchestra, led by Amine Kouider (Opera of Algiers), are also scheduled.
Held for the first time in 1982, the Havana International Book Fair has become a yearly event since 2000 with half a million visitors.
- (Français) commémoration de la ” Journée Nationale du Moudjahid ”
- President Tebboune, Italian Prime Minister hold phone conversation
- President Tebboune receives Mauritanian Minister of Foreign Affairs
- President Tebboune receives Nigerian Petroleum Resources minister, Niger’s Energy minister
- Lamamra received by Syrian president