APS : Friday, 30 December 2016
ALGIERS- Algeria has welcomed the ceasefire agreement in Syria announced Thursday between the Syrian government and the armed opposition, calling on all the parties to make the national reconciliation prevail.
“We welcome the ceasefire agreement concluded in Syria and call on all the parties to respect it to pave the way for negotiations and achieve a political solution which will take into account the higher interest of the brotherly country Syria and its people,” said the spokesman of the Foreign Affairs Ministry Abdelaziz Benali Cherif.
“ We reiterate Algeria’s position which, since the beginning, called for a peaceful political settlement and we, once again, call on the Syrian brothers and the parties involved in the crisis to make dialogue and national reconciliation prevail so that to reach a solution which will preserve the sovereignty of the Syrian people, their independence and territorial integrity,” underlined the spokesman.
- Celebration of National Remembrance Day – May 08, 1945
- (Français) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار
- (Français) Journée mondiale du travail: Message du président de la République aux travailleurs algériens
- Blinken commends Algeria’s role in promoting stability in Sahel, Libya
- Boukadoum holds phone talks with American counterpart