APS : MONDAY 09 APRIL 2018
ALGIERS- A memorandum of understanding (MoU), aiming at strengthening cooperation and experience sharing in the field of environment, has been signed, Monday in Algiers,
between the Ministry of Environment and Renewable Energy and the UN Environment.
The MoU, inked by Minister of Environment and Renewable Energy Fatma Zohra Zerouati and UN Environment Executive Director Erik Solheim, aims at supporting Algeria’s efforts to improve the living conditions of citizens, through the development of a sustainable and integrated economy, while preserving environment.
In a statement during the signing ceremony, Zerouati said that the agreement defines the top priority areas of cooperation for the two sides, especially the integrated waste management, the preservation of natural resources and ecosystems, as well as the promotion of the green economy.
The MoU also provides for combating climate change and desertification, the development of renewable energy, and building of negotiators’ capacity in the implementation of international agreements and charters.
- Minister Attaf receives ANC Secretary General
- Denial by the general directorate of Communication, Information and Documentation-Mali
- Minister Attaf receives President of AfCHPR
- Holding of the 1st session of Algerian-Azerbaijani political consultations
- Minister ATTAF receives the Special Representative of the Secretary-General and Head of the United Nations Mission in Libya