APS : Monday, 11 December 2017
ORAN- Minister of Foreign Affairs Abdelkader Messahel affirmed Sunday, in Oran, that Algeria will spare no effort to contribute efficiently to the fight against violent extremism and terrorism in Africa.
“I affirm, once again, the willingness and readiness of my country, represented by President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika, as a coordinator of AU’s efforts in terms of prevention and fight against terrorism, to spare no effort that can give a concrete expression to this noble mission and we work incessantly to fight against terrorism in our continent,” said Messahel at the opening of the high-level Forum under the theme “Efficient and lasting counterterrorism responses: A regional approach.”
The minister broached the various challenges of violent extremism and terrorism, phenomena requiring unity and solidarity of our continent to face these scourges.
In this regard, he pointed out that “while preparing to take up these challenges, our countries and peoples can combine their efforts and resources for their development and prosperity.”
Abdelkader Messahel broached the risks related to the return of the African terrorists to their countries after their military defeat in Syria and Iraq, pointing out that these armed elements tend to settle in these regions to continue their terrorist objectives.
In this regard, the minister said that the terrorist organisation called Daesh called on its elements to return to Libya, Sahel region and Sahara, adding that there are reports on the movements of foreign combatants.
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune adresse un message écrit à l’Emir de l’Etat du Qatar
- (Français) Algérie-Italie : de nouveaux acquis dans le processus de renforcement des relations stratégiques
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune souligne la convergence des vues entre l’Algérie et l’Italie autour des questions régionales
- (Français) Giorgia Meloni: l’Algérie, partenaire important et fiable de l’Italie
- President Tebboune: Algeria intends to strengthen its strategic partnership with Italy