APS : Friday, 21 April 2017
TRIPOLI (Libya)- Algeria is to host the 11th meeting of Libya’s neighbouring countries as part sustained efforts to reach a political solution to the Libyan crisis, diplomatic sources said Friday.
Algeria will host, next May, the 11th session of the mechanism of Libya’s neighbouring countries, as part of the efforts to support the political solution through an inter-Libyan dialogue inside Libya.
In May 2014, Algeria hosted the first meeting of the mechanism, on the sidelines of a ministerial conference of the Non-Aligned Movement (NAM).
During the meeting, Algeria stressed the need to “opt for the political solution, the only way to ensure Libya’s unity and sovereignty as well as the cohesion of its people.”
Algeria deems it necessary to “fight terrorism, which has become a real threat to the future of that country, and to put Libya’s high interests above any other consideration.”
- Belhimer: Algeria attaches particular importance to media role in defense of Arab questions
- (Français) Boukadoum prend part à la réunion consultative des ministres arabes des AE
- (Français) Patrimoine : Toufik Hamoum reconduit à la tête du Conseil consultatif de l’Unesco
- Renewable energy: Algeria has Africa’s third largest installed capacity in 2020
- Setting up by 2035 of strategy to combat desertification