APS : Monday, 23 October 2017
ALGIERS-Algeria on Monday “strongly” condemned the deadly terrorist attack on Niger soldiers near borders with Mali, and recalled that it would continue supporting the collective effort to “refine the counterterrorism strategy regionally and internationally.”
“We strongly condemn the terrorist attack on a unit of Niger soldiers in the town of Ayorou, in which 13 brave Niger soldiers belonging to a Gendarmerie detachment fell on the field of honour near borders with Mali,” Spokesperson of the Foreign Ministry Abdelaziz Benali Cherif told APS.
“We bow before their supreme sacrifice and offer our condolences to their families and the Niger government, and assure them of our solidarity,” said Benali Cherif.
“We are convinced that regardless of the sacrifices, the Niger people, their army and security forces will face the terrorist threat and will undermine terrorists’ most ill-fated plans,” stated the same official.
“Algeria, which has always shown active solidarity with the brotherly and neighbour countries, will continue backing the collective effort to refine the counterterrorism strategy regionally and internationally,” affirmed Benali Cherif.
- Algeria, Mauritania reaffirm determination to strengthen bilateral cooperation
- UN: Algeria calls for promotion of peace, stability worldwide
- Lamamra received by Mauritanian President
- Lamamra received by Niger’s Prime Minister Mahamadou Ouhoumoudou in Niamey
- Lamamra received in Niamey by President Mohamed Bazoum