APS : Monday, 26 March 2018
ALGIERS- Algeria strongly condemns the missile attacks launched from Yemen, in the night of Sunday to Monday, on populated areas of Saudi Arabia’s capital, Riyadh, and other cities of the Kingdom,
the ministry of Foreign Affairs said Monday in a statement.
“Algeria strongly condemns the missile attacks launched, on the night of Sunday to Monday, from Yemeni territories on inhabited areas in the capital, Riyadh, and other cities of our sister Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, causing casualties among civilians,” the statement said.
Algeria said it is “extremely concerned” by this dangerous escalation, reiterating “solidarity and support to the King, the government and the people of our sister Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, in their efforts to foil attempts to undermine (the country)’s security and stability.”
Algeria “calls for an immediate halt to such hostile acts, which are likely to make things worse and lead to escalation in the region.”
Algeria also reiterates “its support to UN efforts,” calling for dialogue and reconciliation to reach a political settlement to the Yemen crisis.”
- Minister ATTAF receives the Special Representative of the Secretary-General and Head of the United Nations Mission in Libya
- Mr. Attaf received by President of the Republic of Sierra Leone in Equatorial Guinea
- Minister ATTAF holds talks with his counterpart from the Republic of Equatorial Guinea
- Mr. Attaf receives phone call from Tunisian, and Mauritanian counterparts and meets Libya’s FM in Equatorial Guinea
- Mr Attaf holds talks with his Congolese counterpart in Equatorial Guinea