APS : Monday, 26 March 2018
ALGIERS- Algeria strongly condemns the missile attacks launched from Yemen, in the night of Sunday to Monday, on populated areas of Saudi Arabia’s capital, Riyadh, and other cities of the Kingdom,
the ministry of Foreign Affairs said Monday in a statement.
“Algeria strongly condemns the missile attacks launched, on the night of Sunday to Monday, from Yemeni territories on inhabited areas in the capital, Riyadh, and other cities of our sister Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, causing casualties among civilians,” the statement said.
Algeria said it is “extremely concerned” by this dangerous escalation, reiterating “solidarity and support to the King, the government and the people of our sister Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, in their efforts to foil attempts to undermine (the country)’s security and stability.”
Algeria “calls for an immediate halt to such hostile acts, which are likely to make things worse and lead to escalation in the region.”
Algeria also reiterates “its support to UN efforts,” calling for dialogue and reconciliation to reach a political settlement to the Yemen crisis.”
- (Français) Forum sur la contribution de la Femme Algérienne dans le développement de l’économie
- Commemorating National Migration Day
- Benabderrahmane receives Saudi Foreign Minister in Belgrade
- Algeria’s tree in Belgrade: Tribute to Algiers’ role in supporting NAM
- Serbian president highlights Algeria’s historical role in NAM’s creation