APS : Wednesday, 19 April 2017
ALGIERS- Algeria has strongly condemned the terrorist attack that targeted Tuesday an army camp in the northern city of Timbuktu in Mali, said Wednesday the spokesperson for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs,
Abdelaziz Benali Cherif.
“We strongly condemn the bloody terrorist attack perpetrated yesterday against a detachment of the Malian armed forces in Gourma-Rharous region, in Mali,” Benali Cherif told APS.
“The upsurge of acts of violence aiming at undermining the implementation of the Peace and Reconciliation Agreement in Mali, resulting from Algiers Process, will remain vain owing to the determination of Malian people to continue their progress towards peace, reconciliation and nation-building process,” he added.
“We reiterate our readiness to continue to contribute to the efforts for strengthening peace in Mali,” said the Foreign Ministry’s spokesperson.
He also offered Algeria’s condolences to the families of the victims of “the despicable attack and we assure the people and the government of Mali of our solidarity.”
- Minister Attaf receives ANC Secretary General
- Denial by the general directorate of Communication, Information and Documentation-Mali
- Minister Attaf receives President of AfCHPR
- Holding of the 1st session of Algerian-Azerbaijani political consultations
- Minister ATTAF receives the Special Representative of the Secretary-General and Head of the United Nations Mission in Libya