APS : Wednesday, 19 April 2017
ALGIERS- Algeria has strongly condemned the terrorist attack that targeted Tuesday an army camp in the northern city of Timbuktu in Mali, said Wednesday the spokesperson for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs,
Abdelaziz Benali Cherif.
“We strongly condemn the bloody terrorist attack perpetrated yesterday against a detachment of the Malian armed forces in Gourma-Rharous region, in Mali,” Benali Cherif told APS.
“The upsurge of acts of violence aiming at undermining the implementation of the Peace and Reconciliation Agreement in Mali, resulting from Algiers Process, will remain vain owing to the determination of Malian people to continue their progress towards peace, reconciliation and nation-building process,” he added.
“We reiterate our readiness to continue to contribute to the efforts for strengthening peace in Mali,” said the Foreign Ministry’s spokesperson.
He also offered Algeria’s condolences to the families of the victims of “the despicable attack and we assure the people and the government of Mali of our solidarity.”
- Celebration of National Remembrance Day – May 08, 1945
- (Français) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار
- (Français) Journée mondiale du travail: Message du président de la République aux travailleurs algériens
- Blinken commends Algeria’s role in promoting stability in Sahel, Libya
- Boukadoum holds phone talks with American counterpart