APS : Wednesday, 02 May 2018
ALGER-Algeria “strongly” condemns the attack perpetrated Wednesday on the headquarters of the Electoral Commission in Tripoli and reiterates support for a political settlement of the Libyan crisis.
“We strongly condemn the terrorist attack on the headquarters the National Electoral Commission in Tripoli and offer our heartfelt condolences to the Presidential Council of the Government of National Accord (GNA) and the families of the victims of this barbaric aggression, and wish a prompt recovery to the wounded,” the Foreign Ministry’s Spokesperson Abdelaziz Benali Cherif told APS.
“Our country has always supported Libya in its efforts to restore peace, security and national unity, and remains convinced that this cowardly and despicable act, which aims to undermine the progress made by this country, will not affect the determination of the Libyans to move forward on the path of dialogue and national reconciliation,” stressed Benali Cherif.
“We reiterate our support for a political settlement of the crisis under the United Nations process, the only one allowing the brotherly Libyan people to preserve their unity, integrity, sovereignty and national cohesion,” said the same official.
- Minister ATTAF receives the Special Representative of the Secretary-General and Head of the United Nations Mission in Libya
- Mr. Attaf received by President of the Republic of Sierra Leone in Equatorial Guinea
- Minister ATTAF holds talks with his counterpart from the Republic of Equatorial Guinea
- Mr. Attaf receives phone call from Tunisian, and Mauritanian counterparts and meets Libya’s FM in Equatorial Guinea
- Mr Attaf holds talks with his Congolese counterpart in Equatorial Guinea