APS : WEDNESDAY 18 OCTOBER 2017
ALGIERS- Algeria is a “strategic partner” for Italy, chiefly with regard to the stability in the Mediterranean basin,
said Wednesday in Algiers General Secretary of Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation Elisabetta Belloni.
In a statement to the press following her meeting with Foreign Ministry’s general secretary, Noureddine Ayadi, Belloni said that “the meeting has been an opportunity to reaffirm that Algeria is a strategic partner for Italy.”
The two countries “have a lot of similarities and a joint interest, notably concerning the stability in the Mediterranean basin.”
“In a globalized world and without borders, Algeria and Italy are called to bolster their collaboration and cooperation, and notably develop their common interests,” she added.
Belloni is on a three-day working visit to Algeria, as part of the regular political consultations between the Algerian and Italian foreign ministries.
- Minister Attaf receives ANC Secretary General
- Denial by the general directorate of Communication, Information and Documentation-Mali
- Minister Attaf receives President of AfCHPR
- Holding of the 1st session of Algerian-Azerbaijani political consultations
- Minister ATTAF receives the Special Representative of the Secretary-General and Head of the United Nations Mission in Libya