APS : WEDNESDAY 18 OCTOBER 2017
ALGIERS- Algeria is a “strategic partner” for Italy, chiefly with regard to the stability in the Mediterranean basin,
said Wednesday in Algiers General Secretary of Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation Elisabetta Belloni.
In a statement to the press following her meeting with Foreign Ministry’s general secretary, Noureddine Ayadi, Belloni said that “the meeting has been an opportunity to reaffirm that Algeria is a strategic partner for Italy.”
The two countries “have a lot of similarities and a joint interest, notably concerning the stability in the Mediterranean basin.”
“In a globalized world and without borders, Algeria and Italy are called to bolster their collaboration and cooperation, and notably develop their common interests,” she added.
Belloni is on a three-day working visit to Algeria, as part of the regular political consultations between the Algerian and Italian foreign ministries.
- President Tebboune receives Coordinator for Middle East, North Africa at US National Security Council
- (Français) Le président Tebboune reçoit les chefs des délégations au Colloque sur “le droit d’accès” à la “justice constitutionnelle”
- Algeria strongly condemns massacre perpetrated in DR Congo
- (Français) L’Algérie abrite la 9e conférence de haut niveau sur la paix et la sécurité en Afrique
- Algeria-Jordan: Need to expand bilateral cooperation