APS : Sunday, 01 April 2018
MADRID (Spain)- Bilateral relations between Algeria and Spain, often dubbed excellent, will be boosted during the high-level meeting Tuesday, in Algiers,
in line with the will expressed by the leaders of the two countries on each occasion since the signing, in 2002, of the treaty of friendship and neighborly relations and cooperation.
The regular political dialogue and exchanges of visits between the ministerial and other high-level delegations in 2016 and 2017, and the high-level meeting to be held this week in Algiers show the good relations between the two countries.
Spain’s Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs Ildefonso Castro Lopez made a visit to Algiers in November 2017, as part of the common will of the two countries to get qualitative relations as strategic partners.
During the 2017’s visit, the two sides discussed various regional issues of common interest, including the situation in the Sahel, in Libya, migration issues, the fight against terrorism, Western Sahara conflict, European Union-African Union summit and the Euro-Mediterranean relations.
Spain, according to the Spanish ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation, considers Algeria as a neighboring and friend country.
It is also a strategic partner from the political and economic point of view, it added.
- Celebration of Africa Day “Saturday, May 21, 2022″
- President Tebboune arrives in Ankara
- Assigned by President Tebboune, PM extends condolences to family of late Sheikh Khalifa
- President Tebboune congratulates new UAE president
- (Français) Visite d’Etat du président Tebboune en Turquie: consolider des relations entre les deux pays frères