APS : Tuesday 18 December 2018
ALGIERS- The speaker of the Council of the Nation (upper house of Parliament), Abdelkader Bensalah, on Monday, in Algiers, broached with South Korea’s Prime Minister Lee Nak-Yeo,
many issues of common interest, noting a “convergence of views,” especially about the situation in Mali, Libya and the settlement of Western Sahara conflict within the framework of UN resolutions.
The two sides examined “issues of common interest, mainly the fight against terrorism, organized crime and the situation in the Sahel region and the Maghreb.”
The discussions was also an opportunity to note a “convergence of views about de the situation in Mali, Libya and the settlement of Western Sahara conflict in line with UN resolutions,” the upper house said in a statement.
The meeting, attended by Minister of Industry and Mining Youcef Yousfi, was an occasion to stress the possibility of raising and extending the level of cooperation between the two countries to other fields.
Algeria and South Korea signed a Strategic Partnership Declaration in 2006.
- Algeria willing to support Libya in resolving some issues, says President Tebboune
- Lamamra starts working visit to Ethiopia
- President Tebboune grants audience to President of Libya’s Presidential Council
- Lamamra received by President Sahle-Work Zewde of Ethiopia
- Lamamra received by Tunisian President, Kais Saied