APS : THURSDAY 15 OCTOBER 2020
GENEVA- Algeria has been re-elected on Wednesday, by acclamation, member of the Executive Council of the International Civil Defense Organization (ICDO) for 2020-2024, during the works of the Organization’s General Assembly that took place in Geneva.
Through this re-election, the member States of this organization, joined by Algeria in 1977, “recognizes the pioneering role of the Algerian Civil Protection in the management of disasters and risks which affect the environment and security of people and property.”
ICDO is an intergovernmental organization whose objective is to contribute to the development of structures, ensuring protection and assistance to populations as well as the protection of property and environment from all kinds of disasters.
- Algeria “strongly” condemns terrorist attack in Burkina Faso
- Algeria steps up fight against illegal fishing, says FAO
- President Tebboune receives Head of Libyan Government of National Unity
- Libya’s al-Mangouche welcomes Algeria’s “unrelenting efforts” to protecting Libya’s sovereignty
- Algeria stands in “full” solidarity with Libyan people, asserts Boukadoum