APS : THURSDAY 15 OCTOBER 2020
GENEVA- Algeria has been re-elected on Wednesday, by acclamation, member of the Executive Council of the International Civil Defense Organization (ICDO) for 2020-2024, during the works of the Organization’s General Assembly that took place in Geneva.
Through this re-election, the member States of this organization, joined by Algeria in 1977, “recognizes the pioneering role of the Algerian Civil Protection in the management of disasters and risks which affect the environment and security of people and property.”
ICDO is an intergovernmental organization whose objective is to contribute to the development of structures, ensuring protection and assistance to populations as well as the protection of property and environment from all kinds of disasters.
- Algeria, Mauritania reaffirm determination to strengthen bilateral cooperation
- UN: Algeria calls for promotion of peace, stability worldwide
- Lamamra received by Mauritanian President
- Lamamra received by Niger’s Prime Minister Mahamadou Ouhoumoudou in Niamey
- Lamamra received in Niamey by President Mohamed Bazoum