APS : Tuesday, 19 April 2016
ALGIERS- Algeria, with a total of 11 medals (4 silver, 7 bronze) ranked fourth at Africa Fencing Championships (April 15-19) held at Harcha-Hacene sports hall in Algiers.
The ranking was topped by Tunisia, which won 13 medals (6 gold, 3 silver and 4 bronze).
On Tuesday, the tournament’s last day, Algeria got a silver medal in women’s team foil event and two bronze medals through men’s team épée and sabre events.
In women’s team foil events, only Algerian and Tunisian fencers competed.
The Algerian team, made up of Anissa Khelfaoui, Narimen Elhouari and Khadidja Zrabib, lost the final (45-42) to Tunisians, led by the excellent fencer Ines Boubakri.
In men’s events, Algeria’s sabre team won the bronze by beating Senegal (45-41), while the gold medal went to Tunisia’s.
The Tunisian team beat Egypt in the final (45-43).
The last medal to be won by Algeria went to men’s épée team which defeated Morocco (45-38).
Egypt, which beat Senegal (45-36), ranked first in the sabre event.
Algeria ranked fourth at the Africa Fencing Championships, with 11 medals (4 silver and 7 bronze), behind Tunisia, the title holder, which snatched 13 medals (6 gold, 3 silver, 4 bronze), Egypt, which won 13 medals (5 gold, 3 silver, 5 bronze), and Senegal (two medals: one gold and one silver).
- Minister Attaf receives ANC Secretary General
- Denial by the general directorate of Communication, Information and Documentation-Mali
- Minister Attaf receives President of AfCHPR
- Holding of the 1st session of Algerian-Azerbaijani political consultations
- Minister ATTAF receives the Special Representative of the Secretary-General and Head of the United Nations Mission in Libya