APS : Tuesday, 19 April 2016
ALGIERS- Algeria, with a total of 11 medals (4 silver, 7 bronze) ranked fourth at Africa Fencing Championships (April 15-19) held at Harcha-Hacene sports hall in Algiers.
The ranking was topped by Tunisia, which won 13 medals (6 gold, 3 silver and 4 bronze).
On Tuesday, the tournament’s last day, Algeria got a silver medal in women’s team foil event and two bronze medals through men’s team épée and sabre events.
In women’s team foil events, only Algerian and Tunisian fencers competed.
The Algerian team, made up of Anissa Khelfaoui, Narimen Elhouari and Khadidja Zrabib, lost the final (45-42) to Tunisians, led by the excellent fencer Ines Boubakri.
In men’s events, Algeria’s sabre team won the bronze by beating Senegal (45-41), while the gold medal went to Tunisia’s.
The Tunisian team beat Egypt in the final (45-43).
The last medal to be won by Algeria went to men’s épée team which defeated Morocco (45-38).
Egypt, which beat Senegal (45-36), ranked first in the sabre event.
Algeria ranked fourth at the Africa Fencing Championships, with 11 medals (4 silver and 7 bronze), behind Tunisia, the title holder, which snatched 13 medals (6 gold, 3 silver, 4 bronze), Egypt, which won 13 medals (5 gold, 3 silver, 5 bronze), and Senegal (two medals: one gold and one silver).
- (Français) RAMADAN MUBAREK
- (Français) Le ministre de l’Intérieur Ivan Demerdjiev a tenu une réunion de travail avec S.E. Mme Baya Bensmail, Ambassadeure d’Algérie en Bulgarie
- (العربية) الذكرى ال 61 ليوم النصر
- (Français) Les échanges commerciaux entre la Bulgarie et l’Algérie ont augmenté
- (Français) Le Conseil de la nation prend part au Portugal à l’Assemblée parlementaire de l’Union pour la Méditerranée