APS : Thursday, 12 May 2016
DOHA- Minister of Maghreb Affairs, African Union and Arab League Abdelkader Messahel held talks on Wednesday in Doha with Qatari foreign minister Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdulrahman Al-Thani.
During the meeting, held on the sidelines of 7th ministerial meeting of Arab-China Cooperation Forum, the two ministers assessed the bilateral cooperation between the two countries, reflected by the economic partnership projects like Jijel’s Bellara steel complex.
The two officials broached the preparations for the Joint Commission meeting, planned during the last quarter of 2016, as well as the forthcoming visit of the Algerian minister of Industry and Mines to Doha.
This visit will allow deepening consultation on enlargement of the economic cooperation so to heighten them to the level of the excellence of the political relations between the two countries.
Moreover, the two officials examined the international political questions of common interest, in particular the situation in the Arab countries and the fight against terrorism and radicalism.
A wide convergence of views resulted from the meeting and a stress was placed on the need to encourage political solutions to the crises that shake several countries. Those solutions have to be consensual based on inclusive dialogue among the political players, which would pave the way for national reconciliation processes and would reinforce the fight against terrorism.
The two ministers agreed to further reinforce the political consultation between the two countries and combine their efforts to strengthen the international community mobilization for the fight against terrorism and its multiple networks, chiefly the organized crime and the drug trafficking.
- President de la République holds talks in New York with his Turkish counterpart
- President Tebboune calls for new world order ensuring equality, cooperation among nations
- President of the Republic highlights Algeria’s achievements
- Non-permanent membership in Security Council: President Tebboune emphasizes Algeria’s awareness of responsibility incumbent upon it
- President de la République holds talks in New York with his Iranian counterpart