APS : Wednesday 17 July 2019
NEW YORK- The voluntary national review on the implementation of the sustainable development goals (SDGs) in Algeria was presented Tuesday, in New York,
in its ministerial of the High-Level Political Forum on Sustainable Development of the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC).
The report, which was presented by the secretary general of Foreign Affairs Ministry Rachid Bladhane, made a diagnosis of the public policies in Algeria and emphasized their alignment with SDGs, notably in terms of social development.
This document sheds also light on the challenges that must be taken up by Algeria in the field of economic diversification and of the adaptation to the knock-on effects of climate changes, in addition to the need to mobilize financial resources to maintain and strengthen the acquired gains.
The report also arouses a “big interest among the other delegations which welcomed Algeria’s transparency and realism,” confirming thereby “its commitment to dealing efficiently with the identified challenges,” said the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
The delegations were also interested in the inclusive consultation process conducted by Algeria when preparing its review, which involved all the stakeholders, namely the civil society, elected councilors, the scientific and academic community and the private sector.
- (Français) Poste et Télécommunications : une application mobile sur la bataille d’Alger
- (Français) Révision Annuelle de la Liste Electorale
- Lamamra received by Tunisian President, as President Tebboune’s special envoy
- AU Extraordinary Summit: Algeria affirms its support for industrialization in Africa
- Benabderrahmane represents President Tebboune in 17th AU Extraordinary Summit on Industrialization