APS : Friday, 16 March 2018
ALGIERS –Algeria plays a “pioneering role” in the fight against terrorism and crime in all its forms,” Afripol’s Executive Director, Tarek Ahmed Cherif told APS Thursday following the training session for the heads of Afripol
national liaison offices.
The official added that “Algeria has participated in the creation of several international and regional mechanisms” for the fight against terrorism and crime in all its forms.
The idea of the creation of the African Mechanism for Police Cooperation (AFRIPOL) was born in Algeria in 2013.
Concerning this training session, the Afripol’s Executive Director said it included a “rich and important” programme, which allows heads of Afripol’s national liaison offices to “fully” assume their roles, saying that “the main outcomes” of this session has been “the reactivation of the police communication system, called (Afsycom).
The system allows better connection between these offices and AFRIPOL General Secretariat, about the cases of fight against terrorism and organized crime in Africa.
- Algeria, Mauritania reaffirm determination to strengthen bilateral cooperation
- UN: Algeria calls for promotion of peace, stability worldwide
- Lamamra received by Mauritanian President
- Lamamra received by Niger’s Prime Minister Mahamadou Ouhoumoudou in Niamey
- Lamamra received in Niamey by President Mohamed Bazoum