APS : Sunday, 15 July 2018
ALGIERS- Substantial progress has been made in some cooperation areas between Algeria and Niger, said Sunday in Algiers Niger’s Minister of State, Minister of Interior, Public Security,
Decentralization and Customary and Religious Affairs, Mohamed Bazoum.
“The assessment of the implementation of the recommendations made during the fifth session of Algeria-Niger Border Committee allowed us to notice the substantial progress achieved in some cooperation areas,” Bazoum said in his opening address at the 6thsession in Algiers.
In this regard, the Nigerien minister mentioned the launch of the construction work of the 255km Arlit-Assamaka road, the holding of the 68th session of the Trans-Saharan Road Liaison Committee, the drilling of 12 hydraulic structures and the significant progress made in the 205km Trans-Saharan Fibre Optic Backbone project.
As regards security, free movement of people and consular affairs, Bazoum expressed his satisfaction at cooperation between the gendarmerie and police institutions of both countries.
- Algeria willing to support Libya in resolving some issues, says President Tebboune
- Lamamra starts working visit to Ethiopia
- President Tebboune grants audience to President of Libya’s Presidential Council
- Lamamra received by President Sahle-Work Zewde of Ethiopia
- Lamamra received by Tunisian President, Kais Saied