APS : Tuesday, 17 April 2018
ORAN- Algeria’s gas production potentialities “are promising,” said Tuesday in Oran (432-km west of Algiers) the CEO of the Italian group ENI, Claudio Descalzi.
“Algeria has a huge gas potential. It has a promising future in the field,” Descalzi told the press at following the signing of three partnership and investment agreements with the national hydrocarbon group SONATRACH.
This rich gas potential should be exploited, he said, adding that all conditions are set for the launch of major investment projects.
In this regard, the CEO of ENI said that his group plans to increase its investments in Algeria, in partnership with SONATRACH.
ENI currently produces, in partnership with SONATRACH, some 5,000 barrels of oil a day, and seeks to reach 100,000 barrels/day in the coming years.
Descalzi also added that several projects in renewable energy are underway with a view to producing 500 megawatts in the coming years.
- (Français) Décès de Abdallah Lahbib Bilal: Tebboune présente ses condoléances à son homologue sahraoui
- President Tebboune, Kais Saied hold phone talks
- Ramatane Lamamra received by Egypt’s President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi
- (Français) Les perspectives de renforcer les relations algéro-égyptiennes évoquées
- Lamamra arrives in Cairo as special envoy of President Tebboune