APS : Tuesday, 25 April 2017
ALGIERS- The National Agency for the Promotion and Rationalization of Energy Use (APRUE) and the French Agency of Environment and Energy Management (Ademe) signed, Tuesday in Algiers, a memorandum of cooperation on energy efficiency.
The agreement, renewed for the fourth time since 2003, was inked by APRUE Director General Mohamed Salah Bouzeriba and the head of Ademe, Bruno Lechevin, in presence of the Secretary General of the Ministry of Energy and Mining, Fatma Zohra Cherfi, on the sidelines of the 2nd seminar on energy efficiency in the sector of building.
“The three-year agreement provides for technical cooperation, through the exchange of expertise as well as training and assistance for the development of local industries of energy-efficient building materials,” explained Bouzeriba.
Energy efficiency is currently among major challenges, adding that building is among the sectors whose energy consumption has a significant impact on the country’s overall energy consumption (42%), he said.
He added that improving energy efficiency in this fast-expanding sector is among the top priorities.
The agreement also provides for the implementation of the energy-efficiency action plan in other sectors like transport, industry and local authorities, he said.
For his part, Lechevin said that partnership between the two sides in energy management and efficiency is thirty years old.
He added that the MoU signed Tuesday would have a new dimension, as it will focus mainly on information and increasing awareness of energy consumption.
- (Français) RAMADAN MUBAREK
- (Français) Le ministre de l’Intérieur Ivan Demerdjiev a tenu une réunion de travail avec S.E. Mme Baya Bensmail, Ambassadeure d’Algérie en Bulgarie
- (العربية) الذكرى ال 61 ليوم النصر
- (Français) Les échanges commerciaux entre la Bulgarie et l’Algérie ont augmenté
- (Français) Le Conseil de la nation prend part au Portugal à l’Assemblée parlementaire de l’Union pour la Méditerranée