APS : Monday, 12 November 2018
ALGIERS- Algeria and the European Union (EU) are “natural partners” in security and counterterrorism, said Monday in Algiers the High Representative of the European Union for Foreign Affairs
and Security Policy and Vice-President of the European Commission Federica Mogherini.
“Algeria and the European Union are natural partners in high-level dialogue on regional security and the fight against terrorism,” Mogherini told reporters upon her arrival in Algiers ahead of the second session of the Dialogue meeting, which she will co-chair with Foreign minister Abdelkader Messahel.
It is Mogherini’s third visit to Algeria as the European Union’s policy chief.
The EU high representative added that she will tackle, with Messahel, several issues of common priority, citing Libya, the Sahel region and bilateral cooperation in economic, scientific and energy fields.
She expressed hope that exchange of views and analyses between the two sides would lead to decisions on joint actions.
Mogherinin noted that Palermo conference on Libya (November 12-13) is “an opportunity to coordinate actions between the two sides.”
During her visit to Algeria, the EU official will co-chair with Messahel the second session of the high-level Dialogue, launched in October 2017 in Brussels.
- (Français) Poste et Télécommunications : une application mobile sur la bataille d’Alger
- (Français) Révision Annuelle de la Liste Electorale
- Lamamra received by Tunisian President, as President Tebboune’s special envoy
- AU Extraordinary Summit: Algeria affirms its support for industrialization in Africa
- Benabderrahmane represents President Tebboune in 17th AU Extraordinary Summit on Industrialization