APS : Monday, 10 April 2017
ALGIERS- An Algerian-European cooperation programme for the development of rural areas was launched Monday, in Algiers, with the aim of developing these regions through productive activities.
The “Action Programme for Rural and Agricultural Development in Algeria,” is a project that costs 20 million Euros, funded equally by Algeria and the European Union (EU).
The programme aims at strengthening the strategy to diversify the Algerian economy and develop rural areas through productive activities in view of increasing revenues and employment, explained the head of the European delegation to Algeria John O’Rourke in a seminar dedicated to the official launch of this cooperation project.
“We want to contribute to the diversification of the Algerian economy, which is currently a major challenge for Algeria and one of the objectives of the Association Agreement through the support to the development of rural area,” he said.
This programme, which complements other bilateral cooperation projects, also aims at overcoming the difficulties caused by exodus towards cities and the decline of agricultural share in the GDP of countries such as Algeria, underlined the European diplomat.
The development of rural area at the economic and social level will not only be done through the development of agriculture and food-processing, but also through other activities that generate revenues such as craft industry, the promotion of local products and tourism.
Launched as part of the European initiative ENPARD, aimed at supporting the neighboring countries in terms of agricultural and rural policy, this programme will be implemented in four pilot provinces: Ain Temouchent, Laghouat, Setif and Tlemcen.
The choice of these potential regions was made within the framework of a study project in collaboration with the European side for the promotion of agricultural and rural sub-products.
- (Français) Lamamra reçoit le président l’Assemblée nationale palestinienne
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune adresse un message écrit à l’Emir de l’Etat du Qatar
- (Français) Algérie-Italie : de nouveaux acquis dans le processus de renforcement des relations stratégiques
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune souligne la convergence des vues entre l’Algérie et l’Italie autour des questions régionales
- (Français) Giorgia Meloni: l’Algérie, partenaire important et fiable de l’Italie