APS : Wednesday, 26 May 2021
ALGIERS- The Algerian Parliament was elected president of the Geopolitical Group of North Africa in the Pan-African Parliament (PAP), the Parliament of SADR was elected vice-president
of the Group and the Tunisian Parliament was chosen as the group’s rapporteur, said Tuesday the Council of the Nation in a statement.
“As part of works of the 4th ordinary session of the fifth mandate of the Pan-African Parliament, the Geopolitical Group of North Africa met on May 25th, 2021 to process the candidacy applications submitted on behalf of the group to fill positions in the Pan-African Parliament,” said the source.
The group agreed to “nominate a member of the Mauritanian Parliament and another member of the Libyan Parliament as Vice-Presidents of the PAP, pending the holding of the plenary vote,” according to the same source.
In the mean time, the African parliamentarians expressed “their support for the inalienable right of the Palestinian people to establish their independent state with Al-Quds as its capital,” the source added.
- Belhimer: Algeria attaches particular importance to media role in defense of Arab questions
- (Français) Boukadoum prend part à la réunion consultative des ministres arabes des AE
- (Français) Patrimoine : Toufik Hamoum reconduit à la tête du Conseil consultatif de l’Unesco
- Renewable energy: Algeria has Africa’s third largest installed capacity in 2020
- Setting up by 2035 of strategy to combat desertification