APS : Wednesday, 05 October 2016
ALGIERS- Algeria has been elected Tuesday member of the Council of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), representing the countries of the Maghreb and North Africa, announced Ministry of Public Works and Transport in a communiqué.
“Algeria has been elected member of the Council of the International Civil Aviation Organization, representing the countries of the Maghreb and North Africa for a 3-year term following the elections which took place on 4 October 2016 at ICAO’s headquarters in Montreal (Canada),” said the ministry.
Out of 172, Algeria obtained 151 voices, said the source.
Algeria has submitted its candidacy at ICAO Council to represent the region of North Africa during the next three years, Ministry of Public Works and Transport said last week.
The works of the 39th session of the Organization’s General Assembly started on 27 September and will continue until 7 October.
- (Français) Poste et Télécommunications : une application mobile sur la bataille d’Alger
- (Français) Révision Annuelle de la Liste Electorale
- Lamamra received by Tunisian President, as President Tebboune’s special envoy
- AU Extraordinary Summit: Algeria affirms its support for industrialization in Africa
- Benabderrahmane represents President Tebboune in 17th AU Extraordinary Summit on Industrialization