APS : Wednesday, 05 October 2016
ALGIERS- Algeria has been elected Tuesday member of the Council of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), representing the countries of the Maghreb and North Africa, announced Ministry of Public Works and Transport in a communiqué.
“Algeria has been elected member of the Council of the International Civil Aviation Organization, representing the countries of the Maghreb and North Africa for a 3-year term following the elections which took place on 4 October 2016 at ICAO’s headquarters in Montreal (Canada),” said the ministry.
Out of 172, Algeria obtained 151 voices, said the source.
Algeria has submitted its candidacy at ICAO Council to represent the region of North Africa during the next three years, Ministry of Public Works and Transport said last week.
The works of the 39th session of the Organization’s General Assembly started on 27 September and will continue until 7 October.
- (Français) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار
- (Français) Journée mondiale du travail: Message du président de la République aux travailleurs algériens
- Blinken commends Algeria’s role in promoting stability in Sahel, Libya
- Boukadoum holds phone talks with American counterpart
- (العربية) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار