According to a communiqué of the Ministry of Labour, Employment & Social Security dated 6 June 2014, the 103rd International Labour Conference which took place in Geneva, in Switzerland, elected Algeria for a three-year term (2014-2017), as a full member of the Board of Directors of the International Labour Organization (ILO), a tripartite body bringing together governmental delegates, employers and unions
With 240 votes, Algeria has ranked first among the African governments and second among the same governmental group at the global level. The country will thus be represented in the ILO Board of Directors as full member at both governmental and employers levels.
This membership will allow conveying Algeria’s voice within this international organization and undertaking new cooperation actions as part of the capacity building programme initiated by the organization for its members.
Source: El Moudjahid Daily, 08 June 2014
- (Français) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار
- (Français) Journée mondiale du travail: Message du président de la République aux travailleurs algériens
- Blinken commends Algeria’s role in promoting stability in Sahel, Libya
- Boukadoum holds phone talks with American counterpart
- (العربية) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار